Negredo seals one-year loan deal with Middlesbrough
Valencia, Middlesbrough and Álvaro Negredo have reached an agreement for a one-year loan at the Riverside. Boro reserve the option to buy the striker.
Álvaro Negredo met up with Middlesbrough in Marbella this evening, ahead of the team's friendly against Betis. Aitor Karanka got the chance to meet his sixth reinforcement of the pre-season - and the third Spaniard after bringing in Víctor Valdés and Antonio Barragán.
The operation is closed, but will only be completed when Negredo passes a medical tomorrow. The 30-year-old striker joins Boro on a one-year deal while the Premier League newcomers will reserve an option to buy him outright next summer.
Middlesbrough have respected Negredo's pay demands while Valencia have been able to cross off a sizeable sum from their paysheet. The player had three years to run on his contract although he is unlikely to return to Mestalla where he failed to settle.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus How much has unemployment gap widened between black and white people?
- Lampard praises 'fantastic' Pulisic after Chelsea star scores again
- SERIE A AC Milan 4-2 Juventus: Sarri bemoans "total blackout"
- ATLÉTICO Atlético Madrid's stadium finally demolished: The last days of the Vicente Calderón
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail
- MLS MLS is back tournament changes as players test positive for coronavirus