Negredo seals one-year loan deal with Middlesbrough
Valencia, Middlesbrough and Álvaro Negredo have reached an agreement for a one-year loan at the Riverside. Boro reserve the option to buy the striker.
Álvaro Negredo met up with Middlesbrough in Marbella this evening, ahead of the team's friendly against Betis. Aitor Karanka got the chance to meet his sixth reinforcement of the pre-season - and the third Spaniard after bringing in Víctor Valdés and Antonio Barragán.
The operation is closed, but will only be completed when Negredo passes a medical tomorrow. The 30-year-old striker joins Boro on a one-year deal while the Premier League newcomers will reserve an option to buy him outright next summer.
Middlesbrough have respected Negredo's pay demands while Valencia have been able to cross off a sizeable sum from their paysheet. The player had three years to run on his contract although he is unlikely to return to Mestalla where he failed to settle.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: 20 January could be a key date for a new round of payments
- US Election 2020 Biden announces first nominations for White House cabinet
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in December?
- us news US Presidential Election & covid-19 updates: Trump, Biden, results, cases, latest news
- Champions League Juventus vs Ferencvaros: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- FOOTBALL Zlatan Ibrahimovic attacks EA Sports for using his image