Tello and Montoya look set to cause a dressing room scene
Tello and Montoya aren't in Luis Enrique's plans, but they turned up at training anyway, despite being told not to come back until 8 August.
Montoya and Tello not in Luis Enrique's plans
Martín Montoya and Cristian Tello are still under contract with Barcelona, but Luis Enrique has made it clear they're not in his plans. Hence the Catalan club told them not to turn up to training until as late as possible: the 8 August.
However Tello and Montoya decided to ignore the club's message and turn up at training today, Wednesday. Striker Tello even posted a photo on Instagram saying,somewhat defiantly, they were "starting".
Tello and Montoya didn't train with the team
In the end the pair didn't get to come out on the pitch with the rest of their teammates, but did get to use the facilities at the training ground.
Players' rights to train
According to the players' union agreement with the clubs, Barcelona are obliged to allow players under contract to train if they file a complaint. In general these situations are resolved in one of two manners. If the player in question doesn't want to make a fuss they can train in the gym (or even just tell the players' union that's what they're doing).
Players' Union could step in on behalf of Tello and Montoya
However if Tello and Montoya were to decide to file a complaint the Union will step in on their behalf to negotiate with Barcelona. And if that doesn't work they'll get their lawyers involved, with the possible outcome that Barcelona would be forcced to allow the players to train with the rest.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?