Negredo: Middlesbrough confirm deal for Spanish striker
Álvaro Negredo is to spend the coming campaign back in the Premier League after Boro agreed a season-long loan with Valencia.
Newly-promoted Premier League outfit Middlesbrough have announced a deal to bring in striker Álvaro Negredo on a season-long loan from LaLiga club Valencia.
Premier League experience
Negredo previously played in the English top flight with Manchester City, netting 23 goals in 48 appearances in 2013-14 before spending the last two campaigns at Mestalla.
The 30-year-old, who has 21 caps for Spain, scored 18 times in 76 games for Valencia.
Negredo to link up with compatriots at the Riverside
Negredo becomes the third Spaniard to sign for countryman Aitor Karanka's side this summer, after Víctor Valdés and former Los Che team-mate Antonio Barragán.
Boro have confirmed that the one-time Rayo Vallecano, Real Madrid, Almería and Sevilla ace has joined up with the squad in Marbella as it continues its pre-season preparations.
In a statement, Valencia wished Negredo "the best of luck in this new phase of his career".
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho explains why Ancelotti is reason to break the rules
- BARCELONA Neymar and PSG pact to facilitate return to Barcelona
- Premier League Van Dijk reveals why he chose Liverpool over City & Chelsea
- BARCELONA Police search Camp Nou offices for I3 Ventures documentation
- US ELECTION NEWS Kanye West announces he would run for president in 2020
- NASCAR NASCAR: Which cars will have ‘Trump 2020’ on the hood?