TURKEY | SUPER LIG
Mario Gómez calls time on Besiktas stint for “politics”
The Turkish Super Lig’s top goal scorer last season says he is moving on “from this great club” purely for the political situation in the country.
German striker Mario Gómez, the top scorer in Turkey's Süper Lig last season, said on Wednesday that he would be leaving Istanbul-based Beşiktaş after just one season due to the political situation in the countrty in the wake of the failed military coup.
“I will not be playing for this great club... anymore. The reason for this is completely down to the political situation!” he said in a statement on his Facebook page. “It is purely down to the terrible events that happened in the last few days”.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos was fortunate with Clásico penalty, says AS referee
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: why will Donald Trump vote in Florida?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Ansu Fati becomes second youngest scorer in El Clásico history