Barça should "hang heads in shame" after sponsorship flop
Nobody can accuse the current FC Barcelona board led by Josep Maria Bartomeu of not keeping their promises. They said that they were going to do something historic with their sponsorship deal and they’ve achieved it: no one has done anything more ridiculous than them (and the club had already set the bar high under Joan Gaspart).
With a team that has in its ranks the global superstars of Messi, Neymar and Suárez, they’ve managed to sell their home and away kits, their training gear, the façade of the Nou Camp, ads featuring its players, the club’s friendly matches and pitch side publicity for only double the amount (€35m) that Bayern Munich sold their training t-shirt to the very same company (Qatar Airways).
They should hang their heads in shame...
The Barcelona board should hang their heads in shame that they’ll now try to hypnotise with figures and speeches an apathetic, conformist and short-termist social mass who’ll let themselves be fooled by three canapés, a visit to the fan club and a couple of mock-ups of the new stadium.
Congratulations on your vote, ladies and gentlemen. In the last month, you’ve been left with a Barcelona with criminal records, an angry and helpless star player, exonerated directors, dismantled sections and now this. Oh yes, there’s still the €600m project for the new stadium…
It wouldn’t be so serious if it was limited to just the ridiculous, but they lie too.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash