Fernando Amorebieta to join Sporting de Gijón
Pending confirmation from the Asturian club, , el jugador de 31 años deja el Fulham y regresa a La Liga para jugar las próximas tres temporadas a las órdenes de AbelardoEngland vs Spain
Amorebieta expected to complete Sporting move
Fernando Amorebieta is set to sign for Sporting de Gijón - pending the official word from the Asturian club which is expected within the next few hours. Alavés and Sporting have spent the summer tussling to sign the 31-year-old, in the end it was Abelardo who got his man, for a reported 300,000 euro fee.
Sporting have been on the lookout for a central defender after losing Bernardo Espinosa to Middlesbrough and Luis Hernández to Leicester, and Abelardo's preferred choice was the former Atlhetic Club defender, who joined Fulham in 2013. Amorebieta didn't manage to lock down a regular place at Craven Cottage and spent the last two seasons on loan at Middlesbrough. Once the transfer is made official, the player will join up with the Sporting squad for their summer stage in Portugal.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus Bill Gates predicts when the next pandemic will arrive
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in numbers: Mbappé looks to end drought, Barça out to maintain 100% record
- FOOTBALL Ndombele refusing to give up on Euro 2020 dream with France
- VILLARREAL Kubo considering leaving Villarreal in January
- us election 2020 GSA tells Biden presidential transition can begin
- FOOTBALL Ex-Barcelona midfielder Alen Halilovic joins Birmingham City