Fernando Amorebieta to join Sporting de Gijón
Pending confirmation from the Asturian club, , el jugador de 31 años deja el Fulham y regresa a La Liga para jugar las próximas tres temporadas a las órdenes de AbelardoEngland vs Spain
Amorebieta expected to complete Sporting move
Fernando Amorebieta is set to sign for Sporting de Gijón - pending the official word from the Asturian club which is expected within the next few hours. Alavés and Sporting have spent the summer tussling to sign the 31-year-old, in the end it was Abelardo who got his man, for a reported 300,000 euro fee.
Sporting have been on the lookout for a central defender after losing Bernardo Espinosa to Middlesbrough and Luis Hernández to Leicester, and Abelardo's preferred choice was the former Atlhetic Club defender, who joined Fulham in 2013. Amorebieta didn't manage to lock down a regular place at Craven Cottage and spent the last two seasons on loan at Middlesbrough. Once the transfer is made official, the player will join up with the Sporting squad for their summer stage in Portugal.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice