The gruelling preparatory work which fitness trainer Antonio Pintus has designed is claiming victims, little by little - although this is to be expected during the first weeks back at work. On Tuesday, Danilo and Marcos Llorente were unable to finish the seesion and on Thursday it was Marco Asensio who overdid it; today, it was Karim Benzema. The French striker completed the first 25 minutes only to then disappear into the facilities in Montreal as a precaution but Madrid coaching team are sure that Karim will be able to return to train as normal tomorrow.
Just one session was booked for Friday. Zidane took his foot off the accelerator to wind down the workload and gave the players the weekend off. All of the players were given the afternoon to rest apart from the three most recent arrivals Morata, Lucas Vázquez and Sergio Díaz who showed up at the Caserne Letourneux for a second workout as they try to catch up to the fitness levels of their team mates.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADID | RAMÓN CALDERÓN "Real Madrid's coffers are empty, they have bills of €1,000M"
- BARCELONA Barcelona captains issue scathing letter to board
- MANCHESTER UNITED He'll bring quality for sure – Ziyech urges patience with Van de Beek at Man Utd
- AJAX Ajax suffer Kudus injury blow in Liverpool defeat
- Presidential Debates Last Trump – Biden debate: what will happen and which topics will be discussed?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: who is the moderator for the final presidential debate?