Pato: Villarreal in talks over swoop for Brazilian
The LaLiga outfit are working to strengthen their striking options by taking the 26-year-old forward to El Madrigal this summerVillarreal-Barcelona live online
LaLiga side Villarreal are understood to be in talks with Corinthians over a move for Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato.
Pato fits the bill
Negotiations are believed to have begun a few weeks ago as the Submarino Amarillo seek to bolster their attack with the 26-year-old former AC Milan man, who had a disappointing loan spell at Chelsea last season.
Pato is said to fit boss Marcelino García Toral's desired profile of a mobile, pacey striker with goal-scoring ability and experience of European football.
Chance to revive star's fortunes
Like the signing of Roberto Soldado from Tottenham Hotspur in summer 2015, a swoop for Pato is viewed as an opportunity to snap up a big-name player and get him back to his best at El Madrigal.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu