Pato: Villarreal in talks over swoop for Brazilian
The LaLiga outfit are working to strengthen their striking options by taking the 26-year-old forward to El Madrigal this summerVillarreal-Barcelona live online
LaLiga side Villarreal are understood to be in talks with Corinthians over a move for Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato.
Pato fits the bill
Negotiations are believed to have begun a few weeks ago as the Submarino Amarillo seek to bolster their attack with the 26-year-old former AC Milan man, who had a disappointing loan spell at Chelsea last season.
Pato is said to fit boss Marcelino García Toral's desired profile of a mobile, pacey striker with goal-scoring ability and experience of European football.
Chance to revive star's fortunes
Like the signing of Roberto Soldado from Tottenham Hotspur in summer 2015, a swoop for Pato is viewed as an opportunity to snap up a big-name player and get him back to his best at El Madrigal.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barçagate live updates | Former FC Barcelona president Bartomeu detained
- BARCELONA Former Barça president Bartomeu arrested after club offices raided
- BARCELONA Barçagate: Which Barcelona players were affected by the I3 Ventures social media posts?
- NBA NBA: Giannis emulates Abdul-Jabbar in Bucks victory, LeBron in milestone game as Lakers win
- GOLDEN GLOBES Golden Globes 2021: full list of winners
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live