Pato: Villarreal in talks over swoop for Brazilian
The LaLiga outfit are working to strengthen their striking options by taking the 26-year-old forward to El Madrigal this summerVillarreal-Barcelona live online
LaLiga side Villarreal are understood to be in talks with Corinthians over a move for Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato.
Pato fits the bill
Negotiations are believed to have begun a few weeks ago as the Submarino Amarillo seek to bolster their attack with the 26-year-old former AC Milan man, who had a disappointing loan spell at Chelsea last season.
Pato is said to fit boss Marcelino García Toral's desired profile of a mobile, pacey striker with goal-scoring ability and experience of European football.
Chance to revive star's fortunes
Like the signing of Roberto Soldado from Tottenham Hotspur in summer 2015, a swoop for Pato is viewed as an opportunity to snap up a big-name player and get him back to his best at El Madrigal.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Kroos is having the best season of his Real Madrid career
- World Cup 2022 Work at the Al Bayt stadium almost complete
- Bundesliga Dortmund: Mourinho in line to replace under-fire Favre
- Champions League Pep Guardiola loses patience with slow Stones
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Spurs squad '1000 per cent' behind Pochettino
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Suárez bids to end away drought: Champions League in numbers