Pato: Villarreal in talks over swoop for Brazilian
The LaLiga outfit are working to strengthen their striking options by taking the 26-year-old forward to El Madrigal this summerVillarreal-Barcelona live online
LaLiga side Villarreal are understood to be in talks with Corinthians over a move for Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato.
Pato fits the bill
Negotiations are believed to have begun a few weeks ago as the Submarino Amarillo seek to bolster their attack with the 26-year-old former AC Milan man, who had a disappointing loan spell at Chelsea last season.
Pato is said to fit boss Marcelino García Toral's desired profile of a mobile, pacey striker with goal-scoring ability and experience of European football.
Chance to revive star's fortunes
Like the signing of Roberto Soldado from Tottenham Hotspur in summer 2015, a swoop for Pato is viewed as an opportunity to snap up a big-name player and get him back to his best at El Madrigal.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 What is a 'contingent election' and what happens if Biden-Trump vote is tied?
- UNITED STATES USA election live online: Trump - Biden, coronavirus, stimulus checks, updates, breaking news
- US Election 2020 Electoral College map: which states have the most electors?
- USA election 2020 USA election 2020: where do I vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- US NEWS Will be there Black Friday in 2020 and when could it be?