Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo on Saturday published a report stating that Luciano Vietto will imminently become a Barcelona player. Atlético and Barça have reportedly reached an agreement and a fee of 22 million euros will change hands for the 22-year-old Argentinean forward. According to Mundo Deportivo, all that remains is for the player to agree personal terms.
Sevilla had entered the reckoning for Vietto when Barcelona appeared to have tied up the deal, at the express petition of new manager Jorge Sampaoli. Sevilla sporting director Monchi promised Vietto what Barcelona cannot: regular playing time. However, when it seemed that Vietto was destined for the Sánchez Pizjuán Barcelona appeared on the horizon.
If the deal is concluded, Vietto will be Barcelona’s fifth summer signing after the arrivals of Samuel Umtiti, Denis Suárez, Lucas Digne and André Gomes.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: how have CDC guidelines changed about airborne transmission?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: update on coronavirus economic relief bill
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale agent on exit & Spurs future beyond loan deal
- LALIGA Italian authorities investigate alleged 'irregularities' with Luis Suarez's citizenship test
- FOOTBALL Dortmund: Sancho may leave someday, but he's happy here - Kehl
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?