Atlético chief: “We haven't had any offers for Vietto”
Atlético president Enrique Cerezo denied the Argentinean striker is on his way to Camp Nou in a 22-million-euro deal, as reported in Catalonia.
Atlético Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has denied reports that Barcelona have tied up a deal to take Argentinean forward Luciano Vietto to Camp Nou. “Luciano Vietto is an Atlético player and at the moment we haven’t made any decision and we haven’t received and offer from Barcelona, because we have not spoken to them. He is an Atlético player and is at the disposal of [Diego] Simeone. There is still a long way to go before we know what the player wants and what he wants to do. I am one of those people who believes that players should be at the club they want to be at. Vietto isn’t going to Sevilla on loan either. We want him to stay, but we will have to see how things pan out. He’s a fantastic player with huge potential. I love him.”
Speaking in Uruguay where he was attending an awards ceremony, Cerezo was also asked about Diego Godín. “He is a wonderful person and an extraordinary player and when a footballer has those two characteristics, he will always be loved. He is adored in our stadium and in football in general. Every club wants him. For Atlético it has been incredibly important to have a defender like Godín, firstly because of his quality, secondly because he’s such a nice person and thirdly because we have enjoyed pretty much our most successful period with him at the club. Godín will be with us for a while yet."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: why hasn't a relief package been agreed?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Champions League: Atlético out as Simeone shoots himself in foot
- QATAR 2022 Qatar 2022: Generation Amazing targets 1m beneficiaries by World Cup
- Champions League Which of the 2019-20 favourites boast the most former winners?
- Transfer market Van de Beek happy at Ajax amid Real Madrid, Man Utd links
- MLS FC Dallas condemn death threats and racist comments sent to Reggie Cannon