Zinedine Zidane is already well aware of the fact that Cristiano won’t be fit for the European Super Cup final and that Gareth Bale will be a close call. That’s probably why he’s started looking at alternative line-ups, including a two-man strike force.
In this afternoon's training session in Montreal, the Frenchman decided to take a quick look at how Benzema and Morata play together. They both looked in good nick as they lined up against a back four of Marcelo, Lienhart, Tejero and Carvajal. Benzema was Real Madrid's number 9 of choice last season. Morata, meanwhile, did look set to be sold for a large profit this summer but it now looks as if he will stay at the Bernabéu.
This first look at a possible two-man forward pairing comes just three days before the first summer friendly. Zidane’s men line up against Unai Emery’s PSG in Columbus, Ohio on Tuesday.
The squad conducted their eleventh training session of the pre-season without both Marco Asensio and Mariano, who trained apart from the rest of squad in the gym. Goalkeeper Keylor Navas, meanwhile, continues with his recovery program following an operation on his left foot back in June.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?