INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONS CUP
Guardiola-Mourinho clash off: Manchester derby cancelled
Monday's International Champions Cup match between Man City and Man United has been called off after torrential rain in Beijing.
Monday's International Champions Cup clash between Manchester City and Manchester United in Beijing has been called off due to adverse weather.
Pitch unplayable after heavy rain
Both teams confirmed that the decision to cancel the pre-season Manchester derby was made by "tournament organisers and participating clubs".
Due to recent weather events, tournament organisers & participating clubs have decided to cancel tonight's International Champions Cup game.— Manchester United (@ManUtd) 25 de julio de 2016
Recent torrential rain in the Chinese capital has left the surface at the Bird's Nest Stadium unplayable.
No opening Pep-Mou match-up
The fixture would have been the first meeting of coaches Pep Guardiola and José Mourinho since the former LaLiga rivals took charge of City and United, respectively.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category