INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONS CUP
Guardiola-Mourinho clash off: Manchester derby cancelled
Monday's International Champions Cup match between Man City and Man United has been called off after torrential rain in Beijing.
Monday's International Champions Cup clash between Manchester City and Manchester United in Beijing has been called off due to adverse weather.
Pitch unplayable after heavy rain
Both teams confirmed that the decision to cancel the pre-season Manchester derby was made by "tournament organisers and participating clubs".
Due to recent weather events, tournament organisers & participating clubs have decided to cancel tonight's International Champions Cup game.— Manchester United (@ManUtd) 25 de julio de 2016
Recent torrential rain in the Chinese capital has left the surface at the Bird's Nest Stadium unplayable.
No opening Pep-Mou match-up
The fixture would have been the first meeting of coaches Pep Guardiola and José Mourinho since the former LaLiga rivals took charge of City and United, respectively.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTERNATIONAL Bale starts for Wales 34 days after last game
- REAL MADRID Karim Benzema vs. French FA wrangle intensifies
- SERIE A Lukaku contradicts Solskjaer: "He wanted me to stay"
- Alonso: I left Real Madrid because of Guardiola
- 'They make everything easy' - Liverpool star Mane hails Salah and Firmino
- BARCELONA Griezmann's former agent weighs in on Barcelona struggles