Higuaín moves to Juventus for 90 million euros
The deal has been confirmed on the official website of Serie A, with Juventus paying Napoli 90 million euros for the striker, who signs for 4 years.
Higuaín signs for Juventus
Gonzalo Higuaín is officially moving to Juventus, with the Serie A website confirming the deal for the 28 year old striker has been done. The clubs have also officially announced the move.
The 28 year old Argentinean will cost 90 million euros, making him the third most expensive player of all time, behind Bale (100 million euros) and Ronaldo (94 million euros).
Juventus managing director Giuseppe Marotta registered the player's contract with the Italian League, who then published the deal on their website, making the move official.
Juventus pay Higuaín's buy-out clause
Juventus paid Napoli Higuaín's buy-out clause of 90 million euros to make the deal go through, in what is the biggest ever transfer in the Italian market. (The previous biggest move was Crespo moving to Lazio from Parma for 56 million euros in 2000).
Higuaín has signed for four years and is, according to Italian sources, on 7.5 million euros a year, a significant boost to his previous salary of 5.5. million euros at Napoli. He became Serie A's highest ever scorer in a season last year, bagging 36 goals.
Higuaín, was at Real Madrid for six seasons, and moved to Napoli in 2013 for 40 million euros.
Pogba deal likely to move forward
With this deal done it's likely to accelerate things in the other major transfer story of the summer, Juventus' likely sale of Paul Pogba, with Manchester United in prime position to sign the French midfielder.
Te recomendamos en English
- DONALD TRUMP Trump lands in Florida: what will he do next?
- Olympic Games Japan accepts Olympic Games will be cancelled
- CORNELLÀ 0-2 BARCELONA Koeman: "No Barça player should miss two penalties in the same match"
- US NEWS Amazon offer to help Biden administration with Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates: Biden plan, when could it arrive