Higuaín moves to Juventus for 90 million euros
The deal has been confirmed on the official website of Serie A, with Juventus paying Napoli 90 million euros for the striker, who signs for 4 years.
Higuaín signs for Juventus
Gonzalo Higuaín is officially moving to Juventus, with the Serie A website confirming the deal for the 28 year old striker has been done. The clubs have also officially announced the move.
The 28 year old Argentinean will cost 90 million euros, making him the third most expensive player of all time, behind Bale (100 million euros) and Ronaldo (94 million euros).
Juventus managing director Giuseppe Marotta registered the player's contract with the Italian League, who then published the deal on their website, making the move official.
Juventus pay Higuaín's buy-out clause
Juventus paid Napoli Higuaín's buy-out clause of 90 million euros to make the deal go through, in what is the biggest ever transfer in the Italian market. (The previous biggest move was Crespo moving to Lazio from Parma for 56 million euros in 2000).
Higuaín has signed for four years and is, according to Italian sources, on 7.5 million euros a year, a significant boost to his previous salary of 5.5. million euros at Napoli. He became Serie A's highest ever scorer in a season last year, bagging 36 goals.
Higuaín, was at Real Madrid for six seasons, and moved to Napoli in 2013 for 40 million euros.
Pogba deal likely to move forward
With this deal done it's likely to accelerate things in the other major transfer story of the summer, Juventus' likely sale of Paul Pogba, with Manchester United in prime position to sign the French midfielder.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021