Napoli agree deal for Ajax and Poland star Arkadiusz Milik
De Telegraaf reports that Napoli have moved quickly to replace Gonzalo Higuaín and have agreed a €35m fee with Ajax to sign the 22-year-old.
Napoli have moved quickly to cover for the departure of Gonzalo Higuaín to Juventus for a Serie A record 90 million euros. According to Dutch daily De Telegraaf, the Calcio runners-up have reached a deal with Ajax for the transfer of Arkadiusz Milik, who will sign a five-year deal for a fee of 35 million euros.
Dutch record fee
The fee will also be a club record for the Eredivisie giants, whose previous biggest transfer was that of Wesley Sneijder to Real Madrid for 27 million euros in 2007.
Last season Milik hit 24 goals and provided 12 assists in 42 games for Ajax. He joined the Dutch side from Bayer Leverkusen on a permanent transfer last summer for 2.8 million euros after spending the 2014-15 season on loan at the Amsterdam Arena.
Milik was one of the stand-out young players at the European Championship, playing every match for Poland as they advanced to the last eight, scoring one goal and providing one assist.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid