Corinthians announce that Pato has joined Villarreal
Villarreal will pay 3 million euros for the player who will sign a four-year deal. The transfer is expected to be made official in the next few hours.
Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato will spend the next four seasons at Villarreal as AS reported at the weekend. The operation was closed on Tuesday afternoon, with the Castellón-based side to pay Corinthians three million euros for the player - corresponding to 60% of Pato's economic rights (the remaining 40% will stay with the player). Corinthians have confirmed the transfer but stated that, "the fees agreed between both clubs will not be disclosed".
Villarreal was always Pato's first option which sped up negotiations between the two clubs; Marcelino meanwhile resolves one of the problems he had ahead of the new season in bolstering the team's attack.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League draw live online: last-16 pairings revealed
- PSG Leonardo praises Neymar's desire amid continuing doubts over PSG future
- REAL MADRID Benzema scoring goals that win leagues
- REAL MADRID Zidane praises Madrid's fighting spirit after late equaliser
- RAYO - ALBACETE Rayo-Albacete game suspended after nazi insults to Zozulia
- BARCELONA Griezmann on debut Clásico: "It's going to be an incredible day"