Corinthians announce that Pato has joined Villarreal
Villarreal will pay 3 million euros for the player who will sign a four-year deal. The transfer is expected to be made official in the next few hours.
Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato will spend the next four seasons at Villarreal as AS reported at the weekend. The operation was closed on Tuesday afternoon, with the Castellón-based side to pay Corinthians three million euros for the player - corresponding to 60% of Pato's economic rights (the remaining 40% will stay with the player). Corinthians have confirmed the transfer but stated that, "the fees agreed between both clubs will not be disclosed".
Villarreal was always Pato's first option which sped up negotiations between the two clubs; Marcelino meanwhile resolves one of the problems he had ahead of the new season in bolstering the team's attack.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona-Real Madrid: LaLiga proposes Clásico on 7 December
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani back as injuries ease up for PSG
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué, Dembélé to 'join' general strike in Catalonia
- REAL MADRID Vinicius will soon be one of the world's best - Ronaldinho
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID El Clásico: Barça open to date change but won't play in Madrid
- JUVENTUS Cristiano Ronaldo continues to play King Midas at Juventus