Barcelona defender Martín Montoya has spent the past couple of days training apart from his team mates while he recovers from twinges relating to an injury to his right adductor muscle. Barça's coaching staff and medical team have advised the player to alternate light exercises with physitherapy as part of hi rehabilitation.
Despite those fitness problems, it's clear that Montoya doesn't feature in Luis Enrique's plans for the new season. Like Cristian Tello, he was invited to join the squad in their summer stage at Saint George’s Park merely to avoid any problems with the Spanish Footballers' Association (AFE). The full-back is on Valencia's agenda, and as it stands, negotiations are ongoing. Pako Ayestarán is on the lookout for a right-back and the Barça defender, who last season played on loan at Inter Milan and Betis fits the bill.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?