Borja Bastón is continuing his recovery from injury and trained with the international players spared Atlético’s pre-season tour after this summer’s Copa América and European Championship. Bastón, who spent last season on loan at Eibar, joined Yannick Ferreira Carrasco, Augusto Fernández, Nicolás Gaitán, Juanfran and Koke in the morning session just 12 days after fracturing a bone in his forearm. He was operated on that same afternoon, July 14, and returned to training on Wednesday.
The striker, who scored 18 goals on loan at Ipurua last season, is expected to go out on loan again – or secure a permanent move with a buy-back option - as he seeks the experience to convince the Calderón board that he is a long-term prospect in attack for Atlético. The 23-year-old had an offer from Wolverhampton Wanderers and had Julen Lopetegui been installed as boss at Molineux it is likely Bastón would have joined him, but the former Porto coach received the call from the RFEF to take over from Vicente del Bosque as Spain manager.
There is plenty of interest in Bastón from the Premier League and the Bundesliga, while Valencia remain an option if he chooses to remain in Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Doctors warn CDC to advise about vaccine side effects
- coronavirus Stimulus checks Second stimulus check: which proposals have been unsuccessfully discussed?
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 on Black Friday: restocks times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Burlington, Zara, North Face & Under Armour
- US NEWS Why has Trump pardoned Michael Flynn?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair & TJ Maxx