Luis Suárez has a new statue of himself, in his hometown of Salto (Uruguay). The image of the Barcelona striker sees him wearing the blue shirt of Uruguay and raising his hand aloft in victory (with his ever present bandage).
The statue was created by Uruguayan artist Alberto Saravia.
Suárez thanks his hometown of Salto
Suárez published a video message saying thank you to everyone involved in creating the life sized statue of him.
Barcelona play Celtic next
Suárez is currently with the Barcelona squad in England going through his pre-season paces ahead of Barcelona's first game of the pre-season against Celtic on Saturday 30 July in Dublin.
Te recomendamos en English
- SPAIN Spanish FA offers Luis Enrique chance to return for Euro 2020
- FOOTBALL Photo of Ajax youth player, David Easmon, goes viral
- Premier League Man United: world class players and youth as net debt soars
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: James to miss six weeks with knee injury
- PSG Neymar rejects PSG offer, holding out for Barcelona return
- EURO 2020 Low lists teams ahead of Germany at Euro 2020