Luis Suárez has a new statue of himself, in his hometown of Salto (Uruguay). The image of the Barcelona striker sees him wearing the blue shirt of Uruguay and raising his hand aloft in victory (with his ever present bandage).
The statue was created by Uruguayan artist Alberto Saravia.
Suárez thanks his hometown of Salto
Suárez published a video message saying thank you to everyone involved in creating the life sized statue of him.
Barcelona play Celtic next
Suárez is currently with the Barcelona squad in England going through his pre-season paces ahead of Barcelona's first game of the pre-season against Celtic on Saturday 30 July in Dublin.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures