Luis Suárez has a new statue of himself, in his hometown of Salto (Uruguay). The image of the Barcelona striker sees him wearing the blue shirt of Uruguay and raising his hand aloft in victory (with his ever present bandage).
The statue was created by Uruguayan artist Alberto Saravia.
Suárez thanks his hometown of Salto
Suárez published a video message saying thank you to everyone involved in creating the life sized statue of him.
Barcelona play Celtic next
Suárez is currently with the Barcelona squad in England going through his pre-season paces ahead of Barcelona's first game of the pre-season against Celtic on Saturday 30 July in Dublin.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid