Arnautovic snubs Everton to sign contract extension with Stoke
Marko Arnautovic has signed a new four-year contract with Stoke City, scotching rumours the Austria international was set for a move to Premier League rivals Everton.
- Mereyside Derbey Everton-Liverpool Live Online .
Marko Arnautović has signed a new four-year contract with Stoke City, scotching rumours the Austria international was set for a move to Premier League rivals Everton.
Arnautović, 27, was Stoke's top-scorer last season and has become a popular figure with Potters' fans since joining the Midlands club from Germany's Werder Bremen in 2013. Austria's group-stage exit at Euro 2016 would not have harmed Stoke's hopes of keeping hold of the forward, who had one year left on his previous contract.
Writing on his Instagram page on Wednesday, Arnautović, who also posted a photograph of his contract signing, said: “I am proud and thrilled to finally let you know I am going to remain a Potter and will continue playing with my team and for my fantastic fans. I suppose sometimes it takes a bit longer to make the right decision and this one comes from my heart. My family and I could not be happier. Can't wait for the season to begin!”
Stoke chief executive Tony Scholes added: “We are delighted that Marko has decided to commit his long-term future to the club. It has been a lengthy process but these things often are. Marko is settled in England and very happy at Stoke City which is why he has taken the decision to re-sign for a further four years. It's a major boost to us as we prepare for the new season”.
Arnautović's new deal comes in a week where Stoke have signed Wales midfielder Joe Allen from Liverpool and also brought in winger Ramadan Sobhi from Egyptian club Al-Ahly.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night