Franck Ribery has spoken out about Pep Guardiola’s time at Bayern Munich, making clear that he doesn’t hold the three years in which the Catalan coach was at the Allianz Arena very dearly.
"Lack of experience"
The French midfielder didn’t mince his words over the now Manchester City manager’s time in charge. “Guardiola is a young coach with a lack of experience,” said Ribery.
The Bayern number seven also attacked Guardiola’s methods as well as the philosophy he brought to the side. “Sometimes he talked too much…football is very simple.”
Ribery particularly highlighted the Champions League semi-final defeat to Atlético Madrid, when Bayern failed to reach the final for the third consecutive year (after previously falling to Real Madrid and Barcelona).
“You can’t commit errors in the semi-final of the Champions League. Thomas Müller didn’t play from the start and Jerome Boetang, having recovered from the injury he suffered, also wasn’t picked and had to watch the game from the stands,” he criticised.
"I feel confident again under Ancelotti"
Ribey’s comments come just days after he told ´Kicker’: “I feel confident again under Ancelotti.
“I need people like him, Jupp Heynckes and Ottmar Hitzfeld,” he said, highlighting that he felt “liberated and completely motivated” after Guardiola’s departure.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a payment coming? IRS tax return deadline, Child Tax Credit
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINATIONS Coronavirus US: is it possible to travel without restrictions after the vaccine?
- TAX DAY 2021 What time is the deadline on 17 May for tax filing 2021?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: how to file an extension
- US News Where to get 12-15 year old kids vaccinated in California