Real Madrid will receive €2.25 million from the transfer of Gonzalo Higuaín to Juventus – exactly 2.5% of the €90m that Juve paid Napoli for the Argentine striker. According to FIFA rules, the clubs that a footballer plays for between the ages of 12 and 23 are entitled to share 5% of the player’s future transfer fees. In this case the beneficiaries are River Plate and Real Madrid.
Los Blancos will receive the money they are owed within the next month, with FIFA obligations ruling that such payments should be made within 30 days of the player’s official signing.
Higuaín was at the Bernabéu between the ages of 19 and 23 where he made 190 appearances and scored 107 goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Mourinho got a "special" message from Ed Woodward after landing Spurs job
- REAL MADRID Marcelo on Rodrygo, Vinicius and anxiety before Liverpool game
- PREMIER LEAGUE Pochettino's goodbye to Spurs player etched on blackboard
- REAL MADRID Eden Hazard: "At one point this summer I weighed 80 kilos"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans angry over Bale's "childish" antics - Calderon
- Premier League Mourinho's call for 'respect' as he sends warning to Klopp and Pep