Real Madrid will receive €2.25 million from the transfer of Gonzalo Higuaín to Juventus – exactly 2.5% of the €90m that Juve paid Napoli for the Argentine striker. According to FIFA rules, the clubs that a footballer plays for between the ages of 12 and 23 are entitled to share 5% of the player’s future transfer fees. In this case the beneficiaries are River Plate and Real Madrid.
Los Blancos will receive the money they are owed within the next month, with FIFA obligations ruling that such payments should be made within 30 days of the player’s official signing.
Higuaín was at the Bernabéu between the ages of 19 and 23 where he made 190 appearances and scored 107 goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms