Sampaoli: "It would be irresponsible to leave Sevilla"
The new Sánchez Pizjuán boss distanced himself from the Argentina job: "They called me; I've always said it is a dream but it's not the right moment."
Sevilla manager Jorge Sampaoli, has rebuffed interest from the Argentinean Football Association (AFA) to take over the Albiceleste and vowed to stay at Sevilla.
“I had a call from the president of the AFA, which filled me with pride, but dreams do not always come along at the right moment. Right now my dream is to win with Sevilla. I’d love to coach the Argentina national team, I’ve always said that, but it would be irresponsible of me to leave Sevilla at this stage. We’re working hard to change the playing style so that Sevilla play the way the fans feel – I hope we can achieve that. We’re very focused, keyed in and thinking about the match against Real Madrid. All of our preparation is based on that. I hope we go into the game in our best form.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: $1,200, $2,000 or $6,000 - how much would it be?
- LALIGA How to watch LaLiga games free in the UK in June
- Coronavirus: This season is meaningless – Di Livio against Serie A restart
- Coronavirus | USA How does the Twitter fact-check policy work and why was it used against Trump?
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: What is a Money Network Card? Is it a scam?
- Coronavirus | USA Washington DC reopening: what shops and businesses will open?