If you were a fourth division Norwegian club and received a request from European champions Real Madrid to use your pitch for an afternoon, you’d say yes, wouldn’t you?
Not if you are Malvik IL president Frode Forbord, who has turned down a request by Real to use the Viksletta Stadium because the club’s youth teams are scheduled to use it on the same day.
According to Norwegian broadcaster NRK, Real contacted Forbord to ask if they could use the ground for a training session ahead of the European Supercup against Sevilla on August 9, which will be held at Trondheim’s Lerkendal Stadion, 15 kilometres away from Malvik’s facilities.
“The training session [requested by Real] coincides with our football school for kids in Malvik,” Forbord told NRK. “It would be great to have Real Madrid here, but we don’t want to send 270 kids home. Real Madrid wanted a closed doors session so both things are not compatible. I hope the kids learn something at the school and one day play for Real.”
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer needs defender to step into Maguire's shoes
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool boss Klopp explains perceived spat with Mané
- FA CUP Which team has won most FA Cup trophies? Full list of winners
- NBA NBA: Giannis Antetokounmpo forced to cut back on muscle-flex celebrations
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS Covid-19: further doubts over origins of coronavirus
- Coronavirus Where won't you have to wear a mask after the vaccine and in what cases?