If you were a fourth division Norwegian club and received a request from European champions Real Madrid to use your pitch for an afternoon, you’d say yes, wouldn’t you?
Not if you are Malvik IL president Frode Forbord, who has turned down a request by Real to use the Viksletta Stadium because the club’s youth teams are scheduled to use it on the same day.
According to Norwegian broadcaster NRK, Real contacted Forbord to ask if they could use the ground for a training session ahead of the European Supercup against Sevilla on August 9, which will be held at Trondheim’s Lerkendal Stadion, 15 kilometres away from Malvik’s facilities.
“The training session [requested by Real] coincides with our football school for kids in Malvik,” Forbord told NRK. “It would be great to have Real Madrid here, but we don’t want to send 270 kids home. Real Madrid wanted a closed doors session so both things are not compatible. I hope the kids learn something at the school and one day play for Real.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- GAMING NEWS Genshin Impact: how to download free in PS4, PC, iOS and Android
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about vote by mail in debate against Biden?
- Coronavirus India Covid-19 cases surpass 6.2 million; vice-president Venkaiah Naidu tests positive
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: how much would be paid to children and adults in new HEROES Act?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: What did moderator Chris Wallace and Trump argue about?