Marco Verratti has snubbed reported interest from Real Madrid in favour of staying at PSG, where he hopes to win the Champions League.
Speaking to Le Parisien, Verratti said that both he and the club were keen on extending their relationship and the player said he was looking forward to getting back on the pitch after recovering from a groin injury that has kept him on the sidelines for six months.
“I’m flattered that a club like Real Madrid is interested in me. But I have made the decision to stay in Paris and be successful with PSG. Before I get tired or the club doesn’t want me anymore, I want to win something big here. Until we’ve won the Champions League I want to stay here. That’s the goal I’ve set for myself. I want to win with this team because they are a bit like a family to me.”
Meanwhile, PSG coach Unai Emery has confirmed he is keen on signing Real Madrid winger Jesé. “He is a good player. I know him well and the club does too. It’s a possibility.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests