Aitor Karanka is set to ask old teammate Zinedine Zidane if he can borrow his son, Enzo, for Middlesbrough’s first season back in the Premier League. The Boro’s Spanish coach, who played alongside Zidane for a season at the Bernabéu and then coincided with the Frenchman in his role as assistant to José Mourinho, has set his sights on the 21-year-old eldest progeny of the current Real boss.
According to UK tabloid The Sun, Middlesbrough are among four teams vying to take Zidane on loan next season, along with Spanish sides Sporting and Alcorcón and an unnamed Italian club.
Zidane is currently on Real’s pre-season tour of the United States and made his debut for the senior side against PSG. Real are thought to be open to the idea of Zidane going on loan in search of sufficient top-level game time to fulfil his potential. Karanka is confident of using his cordial relationship with Real Madrid to push to the front of the queue.
Last season Zidane played 38 games for Real Madrid Castilla in the Spanish third tier, scoring four goals and providing 10 assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- FIFA No harm, no foul between Mexico and Honduras after the 90 minutes.
- COPA AMERICA Brazil vs Venezuela: covid-19 chaos as La Vinotinto face up to tall task
- US News Unemployment benefits: How many fraudulent claims were made and how much money was stolen?
- E3 2021 PC Gaming Show at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Square Enix conference at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Microsoft Xbox + Bethesda conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch