Aitor Karanka is set to ask old teammate Zinedine Zidane if he can borrow his son, Enzo, for Middlesbrough’s first season back in the Premier League. The Boro’s Spanish coach, who played alongside Zidane for a season at the Bernabéu and then coincided with the Frenchman in his role as assistant to José Mourinho, has set his sights on the 21-year-old eldest progeny of the current Real boss.
According to UK tabloid The Sun, Middlesbrough are among four teams vying to take Zidane on loan next season, along with Spanish sides Sporting and Alcorcón and an unnamed Italian club.
Zidane is currently on Real’s pre-season tour of the United States and made his debut for the senior side against PSG. Real are thought to be open to the idea of Zidane going on loan in search of sufficient top-level game time to fulfil his potential. Karanka is confident of using his cordial relationship with Real Madrid to push to the front of the queue.
Last season Zidane played 38 games for Real Madrid Castilla in the Spanish third tier, scoring four goals and providing 10 assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby