France - Spain final re-starts after two hour rain delay
Heavy rain forced officials to delay the start of the second half of the France - Spain final in the Women's Under-19 tournament. France led 1-0 at half-time.
France - Spain final delayed for two hours due to rain
The final of the Women's Under-19 Championship was delayed at half-time for over two hours due to heavy rain at the National Footbal Training Centre in Senec, Slovakia. At half-time France were leading 1-0 thanks to a goal from Geyoro.
The referee, Eszter Urbán, from Hungary, decided to delay the match in the light of the inclement conditions, to see if the heavy rain would let up and it would be possible to clear the water from the pitch and allow the game to continue.
UEFA communicates match would restart
Two hours after the match was suspended UEFA communicated that the match would restart.
Rain continues to fall in Senec
Although the match restarted the rain continued to fall at the start of the second half and several sections of the pitch were entirely waterlogged.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mourinho mocks Real Madrid while discussing "remarkable" Gareth Bale
- Transfer market Messi set for Barcelona stay, Juve, Man Utd eye Ajax's Gravenberch
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid to offer Vinicius and Isco for Paulo Dybala
- Champions League Tuchel: "Are Juventus first in the league? Are Madrid or Barcelona?"
- GAMING NEWS Among Us: how to download and play for free on PC, Mac, mobile
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: how many people could lose the aid if not extended?