France - Spain final re-starts after two hour rain delay
Heavy rain forced officials to delay the start of the second half of the France - Spain final in the Women's Under-19 tournament. France led 1-0 at half-time.
France - Spain final delayed for two hours due to rain
The final of the Women's Under-19 Championship was delayed at half-time for over two hours due to heavy rain at the National Footbal Training Centre in Senec, Slovakia. At half-time France were leading 1-0 thanks to a goal from Geyoro.
The referee, Eszter Urbán, from Hungary, decided to delay the match in the light of the inclement conditions, to see if the heavy rain would let up and it would be possible to clear the water from the pitch and allow the game to continue.
UEFA communicates match would restart
Two hours after the match was suspended UEFA communicated that the match would restart.
Rain continues to fall in Senec
Although the match restarted the rain continued to fall at the start of the second half and several sections of the pitch were entirely waterlogged.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 01 April
- MLS Coronavirus: Robbie Russell goes from winning MLS Cup to fighting Covid-19
- Liga MX Miguel Herrera “Everyone wants Renato Ibarra to stay in Club América”
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Everything you need to know about Covid-19 testing
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 31 March
- FOOTBALL Coronavirus: UEFA's plan for Europe, leagues and international football