Guti: Referee rails at "cockiness" of Real Under-19s boss
The ex-Real Madrid star was on the end of a post-match barb from the man in the middle after his first game as coach of the academy side.
Real Madrid legend José María Gutiérrez, more commonly known as Guti, wasted no time in making his first enemy as he took charge of his maiden game as head coach of Los Merengues' Under-19s on Sunday.
The Real youth academy side earned a 1-1 draw with Spanish fourth-tier outfit Móstoles in their opening friendly of the pre-season period, but it was the referee's post-match assessment of the team's new boss that most caught the eye.
Ref: expect plenty of touchline dismissals
Taking to social media after the stalemate, Sergio Maroto took a swipe at Guti - promoted from the Under-18s this summer - declaring that the 39-year-old's touchline antics will regularly get him into hot water with the officials.
"One friendly match refereeing Guti as a manager is all it takes to know that his cockiness will frequently leave him coaching his team from the stands," wrote Maroto in a message posted on his Twitter account.
Te recomendamos en English
- FA CUP FINAL 2021 Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City result, goals, summary, highlights | FA Cup Final 2021
- LaLiga Barcelona - Celta: times, TV & how to watch online
- Euro 2020 Zlatan Ibrahimovic ruled out of Euro 2020
- NBA NBA: Mavericks coach stresses importance of avoiding play-in
- US News Where to get 12-15 year old kids vaccinated in New York
- NBA Doc Rivers: top seed part of journey to ultimate goal for 76ers