Guti: Referee rails at "cockiness" of Real Under-19s boss
The ex-Real Madrid star was on the end of a post-match barb from the man in the middle after his first game as coach of the academy side.
Real Madrid legend José María Gutiérrez, more commonly known as Guti, wasted no time in making his first enemy as he took charge of his maiden game as head coach of Los Merengues' Under-19s on Sunday.
The Real youth academy side earned a 1-1 draw with Spanish fourth-tier outfit Móstoles in their opening friendly of the pre-season period, but it was the referee's post-match assessment of the team's new boss that most caught the eye.
Ref: expect plenty of touchline dismissals
Taking to social media after the stalemate, Sergio Maroto took a swipe at Guti - promoted from the Under-18s this summer - declaring that the 39-year-old's touchline antics will regularly get him into hot water with the officials.
"One friendly match refereeing Guti as a manager is all it takes to know that his cockiness will frequently leave him coaching his team from the stands," wrote Maroto in a message posted on his Twitter account.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Odegaard future comes down to Zidane plans
- Premier League Premier League: how many and which matches can be watched on the BBC?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League may introduce artificial crowd noise
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check US: EIP Cards being mistaken for scam, junk mail
- United States Trump on Minneapolis unrest: "when the looting starts the shooting starts"
- GEORGE FLOYD DEATH George Floyd Memorial Fund: how much has GoFundMe page raised?