Rooney holds bad memories of Pogba at Manchester United
Wayne Rooney told the Daily Mail: "The bruises [are what I remember]...but I hope he is going to want to return to United and prove he’s a top-class player."
Paul Pogba is on the way to Manchester United after four years at Juventus, where he’ll be joining up with some of his old teammates. One of those is Wayne Rooney.
The England striker revealed in an interview that he doesn’t hold fond memories of playing against Pogba in training during the Frenchman’s first spell at the club as a teenager.
"I don’t think he meant to do it, but it just happened..."
"The bruises [are what I remember],’ Rooney told the Daily Mail. ‘He was one of those players who, when you trained against him, somehow he would just hurt you. A knee in your side, bump into you, I don’t think he meant to do it, but it just happened.
“You didn’t even need to get into a tackle. Just go next to him and you’d find an elbow or some other sharp bit. So, if he comes, I’m looking forward to that again! But he had great ability, some of the things he could do, and he’s gone up a level since he left us.
“I hope he'll return and prove he’s a top-class player"
“I hope he is going to want to return to United and prove he’s a top-class player. If he is excited to play for us, we’ll be excited to have him back. I’m sure he’ll feel there is unfinished business, and it would be a very big statement by the club if they can make it happen.”
Te recomendamos en English
- AFFORDABLE CARE ACT Supreme Court votes to uphold the Affordable Care Act: how does this affect me?
- AMERICAN FAMILY PLAN What is a "death tax" and what's Biden proposal?
- NBA Bucks vs Nets Game 7 live online score: NBA Playoff stats, highlights, updates...
- FATHER'S DAY 2021 Why is Father’s Day celebrated in June?
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020: Spain's options of making the Last 16
- USMNT Barcelona: agreement with Olympique Marseille for Konrad de la Fuente