Gignac: France striker emerges as Barça option - report
Mundo Deportivo says the Tigres UANL ace is among Barcelona's targets as their quest to sign an understudy to the 'MSN' goes on.
Barcelona's continuing search for a striker to provide back-up to their big-name trio of Leo Messi, Luis Suárez and Neymar could see them turn to Frenchman André-Pierre Gignac, according to a report in the Catalonia-based media.
Mundo Deportivo says the 30-year-old, currently at Mexican side Tigres UANL, is on a list of targets being looked at by Barça and reveals that Robert Fernández, the Spanish champions' technical secretary, has sounded out the player's interest in a switch to the Camp Nou.
Struggling to sign a striker
Los Azulgranas have been linked with a host of forwards including Nolito, Ousmane Dembélé, Ángel Correa, Luciano Vietto and Kevin Gameiro, but have so far been frustrated in their attempts to add to their options in attack.
Former Marseille man Gignac, who has 30 caps for France, was part of Les Bleus' squad at Euro 2016, making six appearances at the tournament as Didier Deschamps' hosts lost to Portugal in the final.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Will there be another stimulus check in June?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Mark Zuckerberg explains why Facebook didn’t do anything about Trump’s post
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check: What is the IRS saying about those who haven’t received their payment
- GEORGE FLOYD George Floyd death: what are the charges for third-degree murder and manslaughter?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today