Xavi Hernandez donates yacht to refugee charity
The former Barça legend donated the vessel to Proactiva Open Arms and the yacht will be auctioned with the charity receiving the income.Valencia-Barcelona Live
Former Barcelona player Xavi Hernández has donated his private yacht to the NGO Proactiva Open Arms, a charity organization from Badalona (Barcelona) dedicating to saving lives at sea. The company has set up base recently on the Greek island of Lesbos to aid immigrants seeking refuge.
The nine meter vessel will be auctioned off and all money collected will be used by ProAcative Open Arms to continue their rescue work in the Mediterranean.
The charity has managed to save the lives of more than 3.000 people close to the Libya coastline.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch