Xavi Hernandez donates yacht to refugee charity
The former Barça legend donated the vessel to Proactiva Open Arms and the yacht will be auctioned with the charity receiving the income.Valencia-Barcelona Live
Former Barcelona player Xavi Hernández has donated his private yacht to the NGO Proactiva Open Arms, a charity organization from Badalona (Barcelona) dedicating to saving lives at sea. The company has set up base recently on the Greek island of Lesbos to aid immigrants seeking refuge.
The nine meter vessel will be auctioned off and all money collected will be used by ProAcative Open Arms to continue their rescue work in the Mediterranean.
The charity has managed to save the lives of more than 3.000 people close to the Libya coastline.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"