Xavi Hernandez donates yacht to refugee charity
The former Barça legend donated the vessel to Proactiva Open Arms and the yacht will be auctioned with the charity receiving the income.Valencia-Barcelona Live
Former Barcelona player Xavi Hernández has donated his private yacht to the NGO Proactiva Open Arms, a charity organization from Badalona (Barcelona) dedicating to saving lives at sea. The company has set up base recently on the Greek island of Lesbos to aid immigrants seeking refuge.
The nine meter vessel will be auctioned off and all money collected will be used by ProAcative Open Arms to continue their rescue work in the Mediterranean.
The charity has managed to save the lives of more than 3.000 people close to the Libya coastline.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Lautaro Martínez's buy-out will drop to 111 million euros in July
- Premier League Chelsea eye Hazard goal replacement for UCL knockout
- Champions League Luke Shaw pokes fun at old Manchester United mate Lukaku
- SERIE A Napoli sack Ancelotti
- Liverpool 'greedy for more' in Champions League after booking last-16 spot
- Champions League Champions League last 16 taking shape ahead of Monday draw