Schweinsteiger banished from first team ahead of United exit
Having been told by Manchester United boss José Mourinho he has no future at Old Trafford, the German could well be on his way to Italy.
Bastian Schweinsteiger is poised to leave Manchester United after being banished to the reserve dressing room by new manager José Mourinho.
No future at United
Schweinsteiger has been told he is surplus to requirements at Old Trafford, and the 32-year-old is to train away from the first team while he seeks another club.
The midfielder, who joined United last summer having spent his entire senior career at Bayern Munich, also trained with the Red Devils' Under-21s last week.
San Siro switch in the offing?
AC Milan and Inter Milan are believed to be most interested in 'Schweini', who was restricted by injury to just 18 Premier League appearances in 2015/16.
The World Cup winner announced his retirement from Germany duty on Friday, having collected 120 caps for Die Mannschaft.
Brother takes to Twitter
Bastian's brother Tobias, who coaches Bayern's Under-17s, took to Twitter to give his verdict on the way his brother is being treated.
no respect— Tobi Schweinsteiger (@tobits7) 1 August 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"