Schweinsteiger banished from first team ahead of United exit
Having been told by Manchester United boss José Mourinho he has no future at Old Trafford, the German could well be on his way to Italy.
Bastian Schweinsteiger is poised to leave Manchester United after being banished to the reserve dressing room by new manager José Mourinho.
No future at United
Schweinsteiger has been told he is surplus to requirements at Old Trafford, and the 32-year-old is to train away from the first team while he seeks another club.
The midfielder, who joined United last summer having spent his entire senior career at Bayern Munich, also trained with the Red Devils' Under-21s last week.
San Siro switch in the offing?
AC Milan and Inter Milan are believed to be most interested in 'Schweini', who was restricted by injury to just 18 Premier League appearances in 2015/16.
The World Cup winner announced his retirement from Germany duty on Friday, having collected 120 caps for Die Mannschaft.
Brother takes to Twitter
Bastian's brother Tobias, who coaches Bayern's Under-17s, took to Twitter to give his verdict on the way his brother is being treated.
no respect— Tobi Schweinsteiger (@tobits7) 1 August 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- Juventus director Paratici under investigation over Suarez's Italian exam
- SERIE A Official: Napoli stadium renamed Stadio Diego Armando Maradona
- REAL MADRID Camavinga a step closer to Real Madrid
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid squad for Sevilla: Sergio Ramos left behind
- FOOTBALL Tagliafico signs new Ajax contract which includes get-out clause
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test