Real Madrid showcase their new third kit in New York City
James, Morata, Marcelo, Keylor and Lucas Vázquez took part in the presentation of Real Madrid's thrd strip at the Tribeca Rooftop in New York City on Monday.
Real Madrid fans now now what the team's third strip for the 2016/17 season looks like. James, Morata, Marcelo, Lucas Vázquez and Keylor Navas were chosen to model the new kit at an event held at the Tribeca Rooftop Hotel. The shirt is black with pale grey trimming on the sleeves while on the shoulders, there is a graphic motif relating to the Cibeles statue where the team traditionally celebrates their major triumphs.
Madrid have pretty much gone all the way through the spectrum with their third strips in recent seasons - red, great, blue, orange, coral pink and the Yohji Yamamoto-designed black and white kit - the last time the team wore a black kit two seasons ago (that particular shirt featured a dragon embossed on the front). The graphic featured on the shoulders of the new shirt represent the route which Madrid have taken on so many occasions from Santiago Bernabéu, straight down La Castellana then onto Paseo de Recoletos to the roundabout where the statue of Cibeles is located.
As part of the promotion, the club organized a competition in New York with the winners not only getting one of the new shirts each but also the chance to spend almost three quarters of an hour chatting to the five players who were chosen to model the new kit.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?