Real Madrid showcase their new third kit in New York City
James, Morata, Marcelo, Keylor and Lucas Vázquez took part in the presentation of Real Madrid's thrd strip at the Tribeca Rooftop in New York City on Monday.
Real Madrid fans now now what the team's third strip for the 2016/17 season looks like. James, Morata, Marcelo, Lucas Vázquez and Keylor Navas were chosen to model the new kit at an event held at the Tribeca Rooftop Hotel. The shirt is black with pale grey trimming on the sleeves while on the shoulders, there is a graphic motif relating to the Cibeles statue where the team traditionally celebrates their major triumphs.
Madrid have pretty much gone all the way through the spectrum with their third strips in recent seasons - red, great, blue, orange, coral pink and the Yohji Yamamoto-designed black and white kit - the last time the team wore a black kit two seasons ago (that particular shirt featured a dragon embossed on the front). The graphic featured on the shoulders of the new shirt represent the route which Madrid have taken on so many occasions from Santiago Bernabéu, straight down La Castellana then onto Paseo de Recoletos to the roundabout where the statue of Cibeles is located.
As part of the promotion, the club organized a competition in New York with the winners not only getting one of the new shirts each but also the chance to spend almost three quarters of an hour chatting to the five players who were chosen to model the new kit.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro and Valverde form the ideal midfield partnership
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey draw: 2019/20 first-round pairings revealed
- ENGLAND England: Southgate believes Sterling tweet brought closure to Gomez incident
- BARCELONA Rakitic: Barcelona turn down Premier League offer
- Serie A Manchester United: Koulibaly not planning on Napoli departure
- Neymar 'will always be an option' for Barcelona – Abidal