Kevin-Prince Boateng signs for Las Palmas
The Ghanaian international will be unveiled at the Estadio de Gran Canaria this evening following his routine medical revision.
UD Las Palmas have confirmed their big marquee summer signing in securing midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng on a one year deal (with an option for a further season). The 29 year old becomes the fourth reinforcement for Quique Setien's side ahead of the 2016/17 LaLiga campaign after Hélder Lopes, Mako Livaja and Michel Macedo.
"UD Las Palmas have secured the incorporation of Kevin-Prince Boateng, who played with AC Milan last season. He signs up for one season" was the wording in an official communique from the Canary Island club at 00:38 last night.
Despite being in the Milan ranks last season Boateng played little for the Serie A side. The midfielder came through the Hertha Berlín youth system before signing for Tottenham Hotspur at the age of 20. After an excellent World Cup 2010 campaign with Ghana he moved to Milan where he enjoyed his best football. A 2013 move back to Germany saw him join Schalke 04, where he remained for two seasons.
After two seasons with the Bundesliga outfit he returned to AC Milan last season as a free agent but failed to impress.
Boateng arrives in Las Palmas later today in a private jet from Sardinia and is expected to arrive at 13.00 CET. He will undergo his medical test at 18:00 and then be presented at the Las Palmas stadium in an event open to all supporters.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live