Sané joins Man City
The Premier League club have confirmed the capture of the 20-year-old German starlet, who has penned a five-year deal at the Etihad.
Schalke 04 winger Leroy Sané has completed a transfer to Premier League side Manchester City, it was confirmed on Tuesday.
Sané has put pen to paper on a five-year deal at City, moving to the Etihad Stadium for a fee understood to be £37 million (43 million euros) plus add-ons.
Guardiola key to my decision - Sané
"One of the reasons I decided to join City was [manager] Pep Guardiola," the 20-year-old told his new club's website.
"He convinced me to come here and that I can continue to progress. I know I will learn a lot under him and now I can take the next step in my career."
Sané, who scored eight goals in 33 Bundesliga games last term as Schalke finished fifth, was part of the Germany squad that reached the semi-finals of Euro 2016.
Pep: Sané's a "special talent"
Guardiola said: "He is a special talent, and an exciting player that I think our supporters will enjoy watching."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Extra 600 dollars unemployment benefits: when will it be delivered?
- Cocid-19 Worldwide coronavirus cases pass 1.5 million mark
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: are PSG pushing Kylian Mbappé away?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map 9 April
- Sweden Zlatan trains with Hammarby as he considers future plans
- Coronavirus US unemployment figures: latest jobless claims by state