Real Madrid have been quiet during the current transfer window but are still on the look-out for a midfield player. Verratti, Matic and Sissoko are the names who have been linked with a a move to the Spanish capital. The Italian player has stated that his wish is to stay put at PSG and the Serbian player is still embroiled in renegotiation talks with Juve.
With their relegation last season Newcastle United's Moussa Sissoko would appear to be the leading candidate to secure the move and the French players positive performances at Euro 2016 have aided his international profile.
Various sources in England are speculating that Real Madrid will launch a formal bid for the player during the course of the present week but want Sissoko to issue a formal transfer request with the Magpies.
Rafa Benítez is well aware that the player is anxious to seek a new home and is not keen on the prospect of Sky Bet Championship football next season. The Spanish coach admitted that bids had arrived at the club but they were "not right". In the meantime Newcastle are making contingency plans covering the position by signing former Rayo Vallecano player Diamé.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Arsenal should consider Pochettino swoop - Keown
- MLS Liga MX XI to take on MLS in All-Star match
- REAL MADRID Pochettino places high on list of future Zidane replacements
- SERIE A Ibrahimovic's agent Raiola meets with AC Milan
- SPAIN Roberto Moreno issues statement after "bittersweet" end to Spain tenure
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany