Rivaldo: Neymar will be the best player in the world
The former Barcelona ace has told the club's in-house TV channel that he expects his countryman to be the best on the planet - soon.
Former Barcelona star Rivaldo has backed compatriot and current Camp Nou favourite Neymar to become the planet's number one footballer.
"Neymar will go on to be the best in the world"
Speaking to Barça TV, the 1999 Ballon d'Or and World Player of the Year award winner said: "Right now he has [Leo] Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, but he's doing a really good job and very soon he'll go on to be the best player in the world."
"I've said so since he arrived at Barça," added Rivaldo, whose five-year spell with Los Azulgranas - between 1997 and 2002 - saw him help the Catalan outfit lift two LaLiga titles, one Copa del Rey and one UEFA Super Cup.
"I'm convinced he's going to manage it," concluded the 44-year-old.
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola "100 percent" behind City after Champions League ban
- BARCELONA Messi on Barcelona social media scandal: "It's a strange subject"
- VAR Wenger VAR offside proposal ruled out by IFAB for now
- MANCHESTER UNITED Van Persie: Man Utd can't keep changing coaches, give Solskjaer time