Rivaldo: Neymar will be the best player in the world
The former Barcelona ace has told the club's in-house TV channel that he expects his countryman to be the best on the planet - soon.
Former Barcelona star Rivaldo has backed compatriot and current Camp Nou favourite Neymar to become the planet's number one footballer.
"Neymar will go on to be the best in the world"
Speaking to Barça TV, the 1999 Ballon d'Or and World Player of the Year award winner said: "Right now he has [Leo] Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, but he's doing a really good job and very soon he'll go on to be the best player in the world."
"I've said so since he arrived at Barça," added Rivaldo, whose five-year spell with Los Azulgranas - between 1997 and 2002 - saw him help the Catalan outfit lift two LaLiga titles, one Copa del Rey and one UEFA Super Cup.
"I'm convinced he's going to manage it," concluded the 44-year-old.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?