Llorente agrees terms with Swansea now it's up to Sevilla
The striker is close to joining the Swans but Sevilla are holding the operation back - even though they have told the player they don't count on him.
- Champions League round of 16 second leg : Leicester vs Sevilla live online .
Fernando Llorente is close to joining Swansea. The Sevilla striker has accepted the conditions which the Premier League side have tabled, but now he must reach a separate agreement with Sevilla to tie up the loose ends of his contract, which expires in 2018.
Llorente is happy in Sevilla and feels as though he identifies and bonds with the fans but the club have told him that he won't be getting a great deal of playing time. That is not a situation which the 31-year-old is entirely thrilled by, and he views Swansea as the ideal option to try out a different league and a more physical style of football which a player with his qualities would theoretically adapt to with ease.
As it stands the ball is in Sevilla's court. If they ae not counting on the player in the new campaign, they must at least facilitate his exit and remove one of the squad's biggest earners from the salary slip. The main obstacle is that Sevilla want to earn cash from any deal and at the same time, rescind the remaining two years on Llorente's contract. However, from the player's point of view, he understands that it is Sevilla that must offer a solution as they are the ones who have stated there will be no place in the team for the striker next term. Despite all of those issues Llorente is expected to complete his move to Swansea this week.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Dugarry calls Messi 'half autistic kid' during Griezmann rant
- THE BEST Sadio Mané should have beaten Messi to FIFA's Best award, says Alain Giresse
- LIVERPOOL Klopp: "I would never compare myself with Dalglish or Shankly"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Achraf Hakimi move to Inter Milan confirmed
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: US unemployment falls to 11.1% as June sees 4.8m new jobs
- ATLÉTICO Simeone: "Griezmann's situation in one word? I'll do it in two: no comment"