Roberto Soriano completes 5-year switch to Villarreal
The Italian midfielder has joined the 'Yellow Submarine' on a five-year deal. Villarreal have paid Sampdoria 14 million euros in the transaction.
The Castellón-based club announced the news on Tuesday evening - Roberto Soriano is officially a Villarreal player after signing a five-year contract with the club. The 25-year-old midfielder was able to join his new team mates for the late training session and will be presented tomorrow at 20:30 hours. Soriano joins from Sampdoria with the deal being completed for around 14 million euros.
Villarreal have set a new club transfer record in bringing Soriano on board - his transfer fee eclipses the 10 million they paid Internacional de Porto Alegre for Brazilian striker Nilmar seven years ago. Soriano's versatility is what convinced Marcelino - the midfielder can fit into any of the central positions although at the Madrigal, he is expected to be played out wide on the right. He becomes the club's sixth signing of the summer, following Denis Cheryshev, Alfred N'Diaye, José Ángel, Alexandre Pato and Andrés Fernández.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson out for the rest of the season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Former players call for change after calamitous VAR decisions
- World Football Summit Collina on VAR: “In five years we’ve gone from zero to having it in all main competitions”
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Real Madrid player ratings in 2-0 win over Alavés
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: what did Dr Fauci say about the hotspots and reopening?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today