Benzema: ace still training alone six days ahead of Super Cup
The striker was restricted to light running in Real Madrid's final session before facing Bayern Munich in New Jersey (Thursday, 01:30 CEST).
Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane has been expressing his optimism over the past week that Karim Benzema will be fit for the UEFA Super Cup against Sevilla on 9 August.
Hip problem troubling star
However, the French striker continues to show few signs of improvement as he recovers from a niggling hip issue that has kept him out of Los Blancos' two pre-season fixtures so far.
And in Real's last training session before facing Bayern Munich in the final match of their US tour (Thursday, 01:30 CEST), Benzema was again unable to go through his paces with the rest of the squad.
Restricted to light running
The 28-year-old was limited to light running alongside assistant Hamidou Msaidie, with Zidane telling his pre-match press conference: "As things stand, he won't be playing [against Bayern]."
On Real's return to Spain, Benzema is set to follow a special fitness programme with a view to next Tuesday's match-up with Sevilla.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS MLS 2020 play-offs: schedule, games and dates
- US News What did Trump say about Biden and voter fraud?
- AS AWARDS GALA 2020 Nadal: "Thank you for this award during these difficult times"
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test
- VICENTE JIMÉNEZ Everyone's success
- AS SPORTS AWARDS Casillas: "Zidane has earned the right to lead Real Madrid"