Mario Gómez talking to Barça and Dortmund, say Besiktas
A spokesman for the Turks has revealed Barcelona are in discussions with the player - but says the Süper Lig club are still hopeful he'll return.
Barcelona are among the clubs Germany striker Mario Gómez is currently in discussions with over a summer move, according to Turkish outfit Besiktas.
Gómez announced in July he wouldn't be remaining at the Süper Lig side - where he scored 28 goals last term on loan from Fiorentina - due to the political situation in Turkey.
"We know he is in talks with Barcelona and Dortmund"
"Our fans are hopeful about Gómez returning," Besiktas spokesperson Metin Albayrak told Dogan News Agency. "We're monitoring his situation closely."
"But we know that he is in talks with Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund," he continued. "Obviously it is a difficult situation for us."
Spanish champions in the market for 'MSN' understudy
Having signed defenders Samuel Umtiti and Lucas Digne and midfielders André Gomes and Denis Suárez, Barça are also looking for back-up to forwards Leo Messi, Luis Suárez and Neymar.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRANSFER STORIES PSG preparing huge offer for Guardiola
- REAL MADRID Zidane has got goals coming from everywhere
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "Chelsea can't always depend on Abraham for goals"
- Premier League Raul Jimenez out to make history with Wolverhampton
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool not greatest team yet, says Solskjaer
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND Haaland "happy" and "relaxed" after Dortmund hat-trick debut