Mario Gómez talking to Barça and Dortmund, say Besiktas
A spokesman for the Turks has revealed Barcelona are in discussions with the player - but says the Süper Lig club are still hopeful he'll return.
Barcelona are among the clubs Germany striker Mario Gómez is currently in discussions with over a summer move, according to Turkish outfit Besiktas.
Gómez announced in July he wouldn't be remaining at the Süper Lig side - where he scored 28 goals last term on loan from Fiorentina - due to the political situation in Turkey.
"We know he is in talks with Barcelona and Dortmund"
"Our fans are hopeful about Gómez returning," Besiktas spokesperson Metin Albayrak told Dogan News Agency. "We're monitoring his situation closely."
"But we know that he is in talks with Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund," he continued. "Obviously it is a difficult situation for us."
Spanish champions in the market for 'MSN' understudy
Having signed defenders Samuel Umtiti and Lucas Digne and midfielders André Gomes and Denis Suárez, Barça are also looking for back-up to forwards Leo Messi, Luis Suárez and Neymar.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus How much money has been sent in stimulus checks and how much remains unsent?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Trump keen to invest $1 trillion
- Coronavirus A second stimulus payment is highly unlikely
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: green energy call from Democrats in next round of payments
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League return: five fixtures not to miss
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...