Salah: Chelsea player joins Roma on permanent deal
The 24-year-old Egyptian international spent last season on loan at the Giallorossi, making 42 appearances for the Italian capital outfit.
Egypt winger Mohamed Salah has called time on his unsuccessful spell with Chelsea after joining Roma in a permanent transfer, the Premier League club announced on Wednesday.
Salah struggled to make an impact after joining Chelsea in January 2014 and spent last season on loan at Roma after a previous temporary stint in Serie A with Fiorentina.
The 24-year-old was regarded as a hot property when he played for Swiss side Basel, dazzling the Blues with his performances against them in Europe.
But his move to Stamford Bridge didn't pan out as expected and he was unable to nail down a first-team place.
He fared better with Roma last season and helped them finish third in Serie A, prompting the club to bring him back to the Italian capital for an undisclosed fee.
"Mohamed Salah has completed a permanent transfer to Italian club Roma," said a statement on Chelsea's website.
"Chelsea Football Club thanks Mohamed for his service and wishes him well for the future."
Salah becomes the second player to leave Chelsea this week after Baba Rahman joined Schalke on a season-long loan.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 E3 2021 schedule: dates, times, conferences, livestreams and showcases by day
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?