Gameiro: Atlético Madrid new boy in immediate injury blow
Los Colchoneros have confirmed that forward Kevin Gameiro has been hit by a muscle injury - just days after moving to the Vicente Calderón.
New Atlético Madrid signing Kevin Gameiro has suffered a muscle strain just two days after beginning training with Los Rojiblancos.
Frenchman only days into Atleti career
Gameiro completed a 32m-euro switch from Sevilla at the weekend, and Atlético's coaching team had planned to hand him his first run-out in Saturday's friendly with Italians FC Crotone.
Grade I muscle injury
However, the Madrid-based outfit revealed on Wednesday that the 29-year-old striker has picked up a "grade I injury in the adductor of the left thigh".
Atlético added: "The player has already begun with therapy treatment for his overload and will do alternative training in the next couple of days."
Te recomendamos en English
- Ligue 1 Mbappé and Neymar on target to secure PSG win
- Ballon d'Or Mane snubbed for being African, claims Kouyate
- REAL MADRID Sancho, Vinicius, Joao Felix: in that order for Zidane
- BARCELONA Barça renew Ansu Fati and increase release clause to €170M
- Rapinoe asks Ronaldo and Messi to 'help' in fight against racism, sexism
- REAL MADRID “Florentino's arrival at Madrid was a turning point for the club" - Butragueño