Gameiro: Atlético Madrid new boy in immediate injury blow
Los Colchoneros have confirmed that forward Kevin Gameiro has been hit by a muscle injury - just days after moving to the Vicente Calderón.
New Atlético Madrid signing Kevin Gameiro has suffered a muscle strain just two days after beginning training with Los Rojiblancos.
Frenchman only days into Atleti career
Gameiro completed a 32m-euro switch from Sevilla at the weekend, and Atlético's coaching team had planned to hand him his first run-out in Saturday's friendly with Italians FC Crotone.
Grade I muscle injury
However, the Madrid-based outfit revealed on Wednesday that the 29-year-old striker has picked up a "grade I injury in the adductor of the left thigh".
Atlético added: "The player has already begun with therapy treatment for his overload and will do alternative training in the next couple of days."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Can I cash someone else’s stimulus check in the US?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: Is it safe to fly during Covid-19?
- CORONAVIRUS $600 unemployment benefits boost: when does it end, will it be extended?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: What does 'Stop Payment Indicator' mean?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man United: Get Pogba out for player with desire, says Sheringham
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: can Social Security beneficiaries get the payment?