ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Griezmann now valued as world's 6th most expensive player
The Atlético Madrid striker's value has risen to €80m according to Transfermarkt and he now only has Messi, Cristiano, Neymar, Suárez and Bale in front of him
Antoine Griezmann is now rated as the sixth most valuable player in the world by market specialists Transfermarkt and is first on the list of players who don't play for either Real Madrid or Barcelona.
The Frenchman, who has experienced a meteoric rise in terms of his profile in recent seasons, is now valued at €80 million, having risen by €30m in the last two years.
Player of Euro 2016
After a wonderful campaign with Atlético Madrid in 2015-16 (reaching the Champions League final) and a great Euro 2016 in France, where he finished as the tournament’s top scorer and was voted best player, the striker has overtaken the likes of Müller (€75 millon), Lewandowski (75), Pogba (70), James (70), Hazard (65) and Higuaín (65).
Greizmann, who renewed his contract at Vicente Calderón in June until 2021, now only has Messi (€120m), Cristiano (110), Neymar (100), Luis Suárez (90) and Bale (90) in front of him.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"