Real Madrid return again for David Alaba with €65m bid
Bayern Munich, who want €80m for the Austrian, have counterattacked by asking for Pepe to be thrown into the deal on top of the €65m offerChina vs Wales: China Cup
Real Madrid are going back for a third time for Bayern Munich's David Alaba. According to AS sources, Los Blancos have taken advantage of the fact that the two clubs meet on Wednesday night in the International Champions Cup to make another offer for the Austrian international, again for €65 million.
Bayern, who refused to play ball with Madrid over their initial bid this summer, are now asking for the full €65m, but with Pepe thrown into the deal. Some weeks ago, Bayern tried to include Varane in the operation, but Real were unwilling then and still don’t want to include any of their players in the transfer.
Ancelotti wants Alaba to stay
The German champions have previously slapped an asking fee of €80m on Alaba to try and shake off interest from possible buyers (including Barcelona as well as the two Manchester clubs). Ancelotti, meanwhile, has already told the player of his importance to his project and has already made a point of playing the 24-year old in his preferred centre-midfield position in Bayern’s preseason friendlies. Alaba had clashed with Pep Guardiola on this issue last season, when the Catalan coach insisted on employing him at centre-back.
Real Madrid have now been trying to woo Alaba away from Munich since January, with José Ángel Sánchez, director general of the club, having met with Bayern directors and the player’s father on a number of occasions. In July, Real sent a representative to Bavaria in order to try and lower Bayern’s €80m asking price, but to no avail.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu