Fernando Llorente to complete Premier League Swansea move
The Swans have reached an agreement with Sevilla for the transfer of the former Athletic and Juve striker, who will sign a two-year deal at the Liberty Stadium.
- Champions League round of 16 second leg : Leicester vs Sevilla live online .
Fernando Llorente is set to join Premier League side Swansea City from Sevilla. As reported in AS earlier this week, the former Athletic and Juventus forward will travel to Wales on Thursday to undergo a medical and put pen to paper on a two-year contract at the Liberty Stadium, with the option of a third campaign.
Llorente reached personal terms with Swansea several days ago but an agreement between the Premier League club and Sevilla remained out of reach. However, Llorente has been informed he is surplus to requirements at the Sánchez Pizjuán and Sevilla were keen to get his wages off the bill so a deal has now been struck. Details of the financial element of the transfer have yet to be released by either club, although official confirmation is expected by Friday.
Llorente received offers from Portugal and Germany, as well as La Liga, but he has always harboured a desire to play in the Premier League, where his physical attributes will be of more use than in a technical league like Spain.
Last season Llorente made 36 appearances for Sevilla and scored seven times.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live