Fernando Llorente to complete Premier League Swansea move
The Swans have reached an agreement with Sevilla for the transfer of the former Athletic and Juve striker, who will sign a two-year deal at the Liberty Stadium.
- Champions League round of 16 second leg : Leicester vs Sevilla live online .
Fernando Llorente is set to join Premier League side Swansea City from Sevilla. As reported in AS earlier this week, the former Athletic and Juventus forward will travel to Wales on Thursday to undergo a medical and put pen to paper on a two-year contract at the Liberty Stadium, with the option of a third campaign.
Llorente reached personal terms with Swansea several days ago but an agreement between the Premier League club and Sevilla remained out of reach. However, Llorente has been informed he is surplus to requirements at the Sánchez Pizjuán and Sevilla were keen to get his wages off the bill so a deal has now been struck. Details of the financial element of the transfer have yet to be released by either club, although official confirmation is expected by Friday.
Llorente received offers from Portugal and Germany, as well as La Liga, but he has always harboured a desire to play in the Premier League, where his physical attributes will be of more use than in a technical league like Spain.
Last season Llorente made 36 appearances for Sevilla and scored seven times.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Zaha targeted by online racist abuse ahead of Villa game
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid and Barcelona take Liga title race to the wire
- GRANADA-REAL MADRID Zidane: Real Madrid coach's pre-Granada LaLiga press conference
- CORONAVIRUS US $600 unemployment benefits boost: what did Mnuchin say?
- USA Heatwave in California: what temperatures are expected and which cities are on alert?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news